Ow can students who are learning English best be served in the classroom?
Many schools offer students who are native speakers of another language the opportunity to take classes in their native tongue so that they can more easily assimilate and better understand the material. Some educators believe that this is a disservice and that these students should be immersed in the English language. How can students who are learning English best be served in the classroom?
1. Get us invested in the problem!* (hook)
2. Present a problem with researched facts and statistics*(background/argument)
3. Convince the reader of the severity of the issue* (background/argument)
4. Convince the reader that the world/nation must take this issue seriously*(background/argument)
5. Present a viable (practical) solution to the problem.* (thesis)
6. Explain how the solution will work!! * (support)
7. Persuade and/or argue that your solution is the BEST possible solution to the problem! You may do this by
contrasting your solution to others that have been attempted, or simply arguing the logic for your solution.*
(body of the argument)
8. Consider potential logistical issues and address them. *(address the counter-argument)
9. Anticipate Objections refute reasons others may claim your idea wonat work. *(address the counter-argument)
10. Review the reasons your proposal works and challenge us to adopt your ideas *(conclusion)
a. Be informed: you should have an in-depth understanding of the problem!
b. RESEARCH: Use reasonable evidence, facts and statistics. Include a works cited page with at least three sources and quote those sources in
your text. FOLLOW ALL MLA GUIDELINES
c. Be organized in your ideas, follow standard essay style
d. Write at least 3+ pages (750words) typed double spaced, 12pt font.