Ow do the media work, according to their various theorists, in shaping the individual habitus?
Essay topic: The media are major actors in shaping the individual habitus. Stereotypes, narratives, ideologies and
discourses are all concepts that, in different ways, attribute different levels of power to the media. How do
they work, according to their various theorists, in shaping the individual habitus?
Please note the following:
1. Remember to include a theoretical framework.
2. All essays should contain at least 6-8 references from the course. Of course, you may add references that
are not included in the course but only after the course material has been cited.
3. All essays should cover at least four of the eleven
topics covered throughout the course.
4. Remember, an essay is an argument. That means you should state clearly in the Introduction what you
intend to argue (i.e. you could say a?In this essay, I will argue that a¦a¦.a. The middle of the essay is the evidence
from research studies and reviews of other material that support your argument. The Conclusion repeats what
you have argued and the evidence/material you used to support your argument.
5. Failure to acknowledge the above will result in a lower grade.