Ow does information technology position (a company) for competitive advantage?
1. Choose a company and a competitor to compete against
2. Use Porters 5-Forces to select the companys strategic structure and how it creates a barrier to entry by the rival (s) choose only 1 force
3. Choose how technology is positioned logically (the users point of view) to compete
4. Choose the physical architecture at a high level, which supports the logical solution. This can be simple implementation, medium size business, enterprise-wide, national in scope, global in scope, and/or with the internet.
5. Show how technology provides an advantage for the business over its rivals and creates value. Value meaning profit and increased ROI for share holders.
*Has to be at least three pages written–the most 7 if it includes charts, graphs, or pictures