Ow does the concept of trauma influence the practice of integrative psychotherapy
The master that Im attending is an integrative psychotherapy one.
What we have to establish in this essay is first of all an idea of integration of theories and how those an work together.
The structure of the essay need to be as follow?
In which what is going to be discussed will be explained
2)Some sort of historical background of how sexuality has changed in psychotherapy trough the years from Freud possibly the first who brought and talked about sexuality to today
2)A Possibly starting from a case study which Im going to give an insight of why I chose this topic and how can I use for this essay ( although the case study has to be no the core of the main part of the essay )
4) Looking at how Affect Regualation has an impact in trauma especially of sexual nature
5) looking about mirroring
6)How attachment theory has a role and and understanding of trauma and how can be used in psychotherapy
7) How Attunement or miss-attunment has a role in the developing of a trauma
8) How Gestalt therapy for instance looks at the trauma and how by going with the client and re-experiencing the trauma helps the latter to understand and cope better with it
9) How the empathy and can help the client to feel safe in therapy to explore the trauma.
10) How trauma( sexual too) can be expressed and experienced via the body rather then voiced thinking of the work of Gendlin for instance the felt sense.
I would look at THE FOLLOWING THEORIST AND THEIR PRIMARY SOURCE OF :
FREUD; KOHUT; ROGERS;GENDLIN;WINNICOTT;STERN;
I have attached a very important CONTEMPORARY INTEGRATIVE AFFECT REGULATION MODEL that can be used as a base to look how to integrate.
1)Affect Regulation and the Origin of the self by Allan N. Shore
2)Affect Regulation and the Repair of the Self by Allan N. Shore
3)Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman
4)The body Remembers by Babette Rothschild
I WILL ATTACHED MORE READING LIST