Ramework for Environmental Health Risk Management Dose-response Relationship
o Explain and conceptualize the concept of risk and the role of the risk management framework in the decision-making process.
o Examine the importance of involving stakeholders in the risk management decision-making process.
o Discuss and explain the purpose and importance of identifying the dose-response relationship for a particular hazard.
Present Risk, Future Risk or No Risk?
(Note: This assignment is all about the ability to articulate the concepts of Risk.)
For the past two years you have worked for a state senator as their Experton risk assessment and management. The Senator requests that you meet with her in the morning to discuss the meaning of Riskas it applies to a waste-to-energy facility and a nuclear power plant. The senator wants you to explain the concept of Riskand whether or not the two subject facilities (waste-to-energy facility and a nuclear power plant) can be designed and managed to minimize risks as close to Zeroas possible.
Specifically the State Senator wants you to answer the following questions:
1. Can a risk assessment tell someone exactly what to do about a specific hazard? Please give a full explanation of your response.
2. Can a risk assessment provide absolute answers? If not, why use risk assessment if it cannot provide absolute answers?
3. Is zero risk possible? Can we eliminate all risk?
4. Explain the key principles for risk management decision-making.
5. What is the role of the risk management framework in the decision-making process for this project?
6. Identify the key stakeholders and discuss the role of stakeholders in the the risk management decision-making process.
Please answer the above questions within the context of a waste-to-energy facility and a nuclear power plant. Please note that you are considered as the Expert”; therefore, your response should have the Feelingof being prepared by an Expert”.
This assignment is due by the last day of this module.