Rime Prevention in Criminal Justice System
Crime Prevention in Criminal Justice System
The purpose of the Final Project is for you to demonstrate your understanding of crime prevention programs and the role crime prevention plays in the overall criminal justice system. You may select a crime prevention program that addresses law enforcement, the courts, or corrections; or it may be a comprehensive program that addresses all three. The program may address the adult justice system, juvenile justice systems, or both.
For the purposes of this assignment assume, you are preparing a proposal to a city, county, or state governmental body to recommend the implementation of a crime prevention program within their jurisdiction. You need to demonstrate the value of the crime prevention program and its effectiveness in reducing crime thus reducing the overall costs to the jurisdiction or building value that improves the effectiveness of crime prevention to the community justifying the additional expenditures.
Your proposal will include:
1. A summary of the jurisdiction (i.e., city, county, or state) and the portion of the criminal justice System your proposal is designed to address.
2. An analysis of the current trends from three comparable cities in population size, utilizing the SARA Model and the Crime Analysis Triangle. (Note: the Crime Analysis for Problem Solvers article, Steps 7 and 8). You will compare the data from three comparable jurisdictions and compare it to national data.
3. A determination of the appropriate crime prevention strategy for the jurisdiction based on this analysis.
4. A review of academic literature and studies on the various crime prevention programs to address the needs of the community. How does the crime prevention program address social justice issues of the community?
5. A critical analysis of the various programs showing their effectiveness in comparable jurisdictions.
6. Your recommendations based on your analysis and conclusions. Your recommendations must include a funding strategy for program implementation.
7. Your anticipated outcomes, both short and long term. How does the crime prevention program affect social justice within the community?
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Studentas name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructoras name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly sources, including a minimum of four from the Ashford Online Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.