Ritical book review A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson
Assignment: Critical Book Review
Format: APA (American Psychological Association)
Length: 4-5 pages (Content)
Point Value: 75pts (each book)
Your assignment is to write Critical Book Reviews of A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson and How Democratic Is the American Constitution by Robert A. Dahl. Once you have read the books you are to write a Critical Book Review of each work. NOTE: That each Critical Book Review has a different turn in date. Refer to the course syllabus for the exact date. A Critical Book Review is more than a book report, but is a chance for you to give your reaction to the work and author.
– You do not need to provide an Abstract or authori??s note.
– The title page and reference page do not count as part of the 4-5 pages of content.
– You do need to provide a reference page even if your only reference is the assigned book itself.
– Do not use the online encyclopedia Wikipedia as a source.
– You must have a title page (Do not put pictures, charts, graphs, etc. on the title page. Simply follow APA 6th Edition format.
– Do not use an overabundance of quotes in your paper. I want to read your writing not another authori??s.
– Watch paragraph length. A paragraph shouldni??t go on for 2 pages or more.
– Do not overuse commasi??if in doubti??leave it out.
Consider the following in writing your critical book review:
i?? What are the positive and negative aspects of the book?
i?? Does it cover the issue adequately?
i?? Does it cover a historical or contemporary view?
i?? What would you like to see added to the book or taken out?
i?? How well does the book add to your knowledge of our American system of politics?
i?? Would you recommend the book(s) to others? Why or Why not?
You are fee to add to the above list and come up with some of your own unique critics of the book(s) and author.