Ritical Factors in Implementing an IT System in Health Facilities
Provide at least three (3) various reasons why some health care organizations have been reluctant to implement electronic medical records.
2. Discuss the essential manner in which the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) impacts patientas medical records.
3. Determine the main advantages and disadvantages of the adoption of The HITECH (the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act for health care professionals. Next, suggest one (1) strategy that the medical staff members could use in order to mitigate the main disadvantages in question.
4. Review the typical workflow processes within health organizations, and decide the single most significant process that the health organization must eliminate in order to improve the service. Provide a rationale to support your response.
5. Analyze the primary ways in which the key federal initiatives impact the standards of health care information for patient privacy, safety, and confidentially.
6. Specify the fundamental advantages of applying an IT system within health care organizations. Predict new IT developments in the health care industry for the next two (2) decades. Justify your response.