Ritical Review of Juan Linzs The Perils of Presidentialism
Must address the following 6 points below;
1. What is the authors main puzzle?
2. What has been the conventional wisdom on the matter before the publication of the respective article?
3. What valuable insights has the respective study added to the literature? What are its main findings?
4. How was the scholarship recieved in reviews and academic literature?
5. How would you characterise the research design of the relevant study?
6. Critically evaluate the study in terms of the research design and methods used (Very important part)
Chicargo style referencing.
Linz, J. J (1990) The perils of presidentialism. in The perils of presidentialism 1, 1
Landman, Todd, (2008) Issues and methods in comparative politics: an introduction, 3rd ed, Routledge
Horowitz, Donald (1990) Comparing Democratic Systems in Journal of Democracy 1, 4
Przeworski, Adam et al (1996) What Makes Democracies Endure? in Journal of democracy 7, 1, pages 39-55
Neto, Amorim (2006) The Presidential Calculus: Executive Policy-Making and Cabinet Formation in the Americas in Comparative political studies 39, 6
Eaton, Kent (2000) Parliamentarianism versus Presidentialism in the Policy Arena in Comparative politics 32, 3, pages 355-376
Poguntke, Thomas, (2005) The presidentialization of politics: a comparative study of modern democracies, Oxford University Press
Tsebelis, George, (2002) Veto players: how political institutions work, Princeton University PressRussell Sage Foundation
Warwick, Paul 1947, (2007) Government survival in parliamentary regimes, Cambridge University Press