Ritical Themes and Perspective on Management Organisation and Strategy
Mainstream management theory fails to address the complexity of management practice. Evaluate the extent to which critique can overcome the inadequacies of mainstream thinking.
Format: Critical Essay
* Demonstration of a sound understanding of the nature of critique as applied to management theory and practice.
* Evidence of a wide range of reading and an ability to synthesize appropriate material into an argument to support the conclusion drawn.
* High quality of analysis leading to a logical conclusion, and the ability to reflect on the learning experience.
* Appropriate structure for essay format.
* High quality referencing and a bibliography.
Alvesson M. and Deetz S. (2000) Doing Critical Management Research. London: Sage.
Alvesson M. and Willmott H. (eds) (2004) Studying Management Critically. London. Sage.
Cummings S. (2002) ReCreating Strategy. London.
Grey C. (2005) Studying Organisations. London. Sage.
Knights D. and Willmott H. (2007) Introducing Organizational Behaviour. London. Thomson. Linstead S., Fulop L. and Lilley S. (2004) Management and organization: A Critical Text. Basingstocke. Palgrave.
Parker M. (2003) Against Management. Oxford: Polity.
(Harvard referencing please)