Ritical Thinking Assignment: i??Analyzing a Historical Debate
Critical Thinking Assignment: i??Analyzing a Historical Debate
For this assignment, you will analyze a historical debate over an issue of your choice. You will need to locate at least two opposing perspectives on the selected issue. You will use articles and books to answer the following questions:
Part I. Introduction
1. Describe, in general, the issue that is debated.
How is this issue important to the culture, economics, political system, or social structure of the time? How does it relate to todayi??s world?
Part II. i??Historical Debatei??i??i??i??i??
2. Read two or more perspectives on this argument from different sides and describe the authorsi?? perspectives on this topic.
What is the authori??s main argument in each reading?
3. Analyze the evidence that each author uses to support his/her thesis:i??i??
What types of evidence does the author use to support his/her thesis? Does the evidence support his/her thesis?
Part III. i??Conclusion
4. How did the readings change the way in which you understood the subject?
5. How are the issues that are presented in the readings still relevant to you today? i??Please provide two examples from your own experience(s) and explain them.
6. Imagine that you are asked to address one of todayi??s issues. How would you use the readings to help you do so?
The paper must be a minimum of 500 words. Typed, double-spaced, using 12 point font. The assignment will be uploaded as a file on Blackboard. To submit the file, click on the title above.
At the end of the paper, you need to include a Works Cited page in which you list your sources using Chicago Manual of Style or Kate Turabians: A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertation citation style manual formatting. i??If you use web-based articles or ebooks, provide the entire web address (not just the home page or search engine page that you used to locate the resource).