Rticle Critique on Responsibilities and Training Needs of paraeducators in Physical Education
Research Article Critique Template
Carefully read a research article from a journal (you may need to do several readings to fully understand it). Note the rationale for the study and its purpose(s); the basic method used, the results, the discussion of the results, and conclusion. Unless youave had statistical courses, the results section may be difficult to understand, but try to understand as much as you can. Notice that the articleas abstract and the discussion section often emphasize the major findings. Answer these questions about the study, using the bolded words as level one headings in your critique.
1. Source: site the source using proper APA format
2. What was the purpose of the study?
3. How was the study conducted? (Who were the participants/subjects? What did the participants/subjects do?)
4. What was found in the study? (Findings)
5. What are the limitations of the study?
6. Did the author (s) acknowledge the limitations?
7. What implications do the studyas findings have for you? In other words, how do they affect you personally and/or professionally?
8. If you were conducting research in this area, what would be the next study you would conduct based on the outcome of this study? That is, where do we go from here? What would be the title of your research?