Should the U.S. be trying to export democracy to countries overseas?
The research paper will be graded on the basis of the following 3 criteria. (1) The degree to which the paper offers a compelling argument, in the view of the instructor, (2) The extent to which the paper adheres to the written guidelines specified below, and (3) the quality of writing displayed in the paper.
The first criterion, the degree to which the paper offers a compelling argument will be measured by the logic of the arguments presented, the strength of the evidence provided, and the quality and quantity of the research materials used. The second and third criteria will be measured by the degree to which the paper adheres to the guidelines listed below. All papers must be submitted on time. Late papers will be penalized 50 points.
1.Select a topic in the form of a question from the list of approved topics provided.
Be sure to list your topic/question at the top of page 1 and do not change it in any way.
2. List on page 1 the 5 strongest pros on your question/topic (in complete sentence form).
3. List on page 1 the 5 strongest cons on your question/topic (in complete sentence form).
4. On pages 2, 3, and 4, elaborate and discuss key pros and cons identified on pages 1.
5. On p. 5 defend and support your position, pro or con, on your paperas question/topic.
Your conclusions should be one-full page long. Shortened conclusions will lose points.
6. Your paper must be 5-pages long, NOT including, endnote , cover, & work-cited or page.
7. Endnotes, not footnotes or in-text notes must be used. Examples of endnotes are found in the sample paper posted online that will be posted online shortly.
8. A Notes and Bibliography page must be added to your 5-page paper. A sample of both are included in the sample paper(s) posted on blackboard. Your bibliography (which appears in addition to your endnotes page) must include at least ten sources.
9. Website information can be found in the sample paper posted online.
10. All pages must be numbered and stapled. Your paper will lose points without these.
11. The topics/questions must NOT be modified or changed without prior permission.
12. All pages must be type-written and double spaced, using 12 point font.
13. All major writing styles are acceptable. Please do not use Wikipedia or Webster.
14. A well-written paper that uses good grammar is required.
15. Electronic submissions are acceptable in online course only. Only hard copies of the paper will be accepted in face-to-face classes. Paper drafts may be submitted electronically.
16. All final papers must be submitted on or before the due date.
18.Well-documented papers that make use of endnotes are required.
17. Papers that fail to include the above requirements depending on the seriousness of the omission(s) will either be returned to the student or lose valuable points from its score.
Papers that adhere to all of the above will receive an a?A.a? Those that do not will lose points.